Ipe/Boo static recurve

Ipe/Boo static recurve Lately I am on a self bow kick but I have always wanted to try a static laminated recurve. So in-between some self bows I started this one. My lam bows are almost always backed with bamboo and for the belly I use either massuranduba or ipe. […]

Patchy yew

Yew sapling flatbow This is a bow I made a while ago which actually failed because of a few mistakes I made. Decided to try a fix I would have never thought of without seeing it here. (Thanks Del!) The story: A friend of mine gave me some yew staves […]

Mulberry flatbow

Mulberry flatbow This bow came from a pretty rotten mulberry log I got from a friend of mine. Sapwood was all crumbly and there where lots of drying cracks. I managed to split some small staves from it. Chased to the fourth ring beneath the sap to get a clean […]

Bamboo backed ipe mollegabet

Bamboo backed ipe molly This was the first bow I made for the purpose of flight shooting. I read that both mollegabets and reflex/deflex bows are especially suited for flight shooting because they are usually quite fast (if built right) and also shoot pretty smooth. I decided on a short […]

Eik reflex deflex

Eik reflex deflex

In opdracht Na een aantal reflex/deflex modellen heb ik steeds een en ander aangepast aan de hand van ervaringen door het schieten van deze modellen, in dit model heb ik de deflex vanuit het handvat iets minder gemaakt en de reflex in de tips juist wat meer. De reflex zit […]

Reflex deflex tri-lam

reflex deflex

Drie lagen buigen in reflex deflex Na een aantal drielaags longbows met o.a. esdoorn, padoek, purperhart en bamboe als kern begin ik de performance en looks van deze meerlaagse modellen te waarderen. De volgende moet dus weer een drielaags model worden! Nu zijn de verhalen over de performance en soepele […]

Asymetrische reflex deflex

asymetrische reflex deflex

Lange werparmLaatst een heel aantal verhalen gelezen over voor en nadelen van een asymetrische boog. Er zijn mensen die zeggen dat een boog fijner schiet als de pijl exact door het midden van de boog gaat en er zijn mensen die zeggen dat een langere bovenste arm voorkomt dat deze […]